Pastor Willie Peterson
The Center is in its 12th year of operation as a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Organization in Ohio. The mission of CCE is to empower disadvantage families toward self-sufficiency. Our approach is to provide clients, who want a hand and not a hand out, with options that will enable them to improve their quality of life and become productive citizens.
All of the programs of The Center are centered around a Violence Free Youngstown Initiative. The goals of the Violence Free Youngstown Initiative are as follows:
The objective of the V-FYI is to lower the crime rate within the city of Youngstown by providing alternatives and opportunities for change in past and present gang members, ex-offenders and providing a pro-active approach to prevention among the youth of our city, educating and training the community at-large in ways of partnering to make the City of Youngstown a safe place to live and for individuals to become productive in society.
- To Strengthen Families through The Change of Heart ♥ Program; The Violence Free NewBirth Project.
- To Transform Youth: through K.E.Y.S. (Keep Educating Youth all Seasons) Youth Development Program; and The Child Enrichment Program.
- To Mobilize the Community through The Pathway Partners Group; The Community Partners for a Violence Free Youngstown and Now Youngstown.
The NewBirth Project works directly with ex-offenders to lower the crime rate and recidivism in the Mahoning Valley by providing alternatives and opportunities for change for our clients. To provide a proactive approach to prevention and recovery so that our individuals become productive in society.
- Mentoring from successful peers who were incarcerated
- Assessing your strengths and needs, to develop an individualized program to help you achieve a successful release
- Skill-building activities that help you to avoid traps that lead to your being incarcerated
- Job readiness, training and placement services
- Life Skills Education
- Health Services
- Alternative activities for your children and significant other Vital Support Services
- Debriefing about being incarcerated to move forward with a new mission and task
- Socialization values that is placed on non-criminal associates and the opportunity for positive social interaction by the offender
- Mahoning & Trumbull Adult Parole Authority
- A. P. A. Northeast Ohio Regional Office
- Belmont Correction Facility
- Community Corrections Association
- Flying High
- Greater Youngstown Point
- Juvenile Justice Center
- North Central Correction Facility
- Ohio State Penitentiary
- Youngstown Urban Minority Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Outreach Program Inc.
The Peer Mentorship Program is designed to assist individuals with the adcademic challenges and obstacles that may occur along their journey towards success. This includes calendar planning, time management, and gaol setting.
Recruitment is the process of engaging with individuals to discern how an educational pursuit corresponds with their aspired career endevors. We find it impperative to start where the indevidual is at with there career expectations
The Center for Community Empowerment utilizes its resource base to address issues that may casue interference with attaining educational and career gaols
Academic consultation is provided to assist individuals with the achievement of ther gaols; we help integreate certain educational endevors.
Guidance counseling is to enhance the direction of your academic pursuit. We have family supportive services, life skill coaches, and time management techingues that will impel you towards your goals.
The seven domains that guide re-entry assessments and planning refer to those areas of need that can be addressed through appropriate programs or other interventions to effect change in the offender's behavior.
1) EMPLOYMENT/ EDUCATION The value that the offender places on work and/ or the need for further education to sustain employment.
2) MARITAL/ FAMILY
The value that the offender places on being with family and the support that is derived from them.
3) ASSOCIATES/ SOCIAL INTERACTION
The value that is placed on non-criminal associates and the opportunity for positive social interaction by the offender.
4) SUBSTANCE ABUSE
The value that is placed on living without reliance on alcohol and/or drugs by the offender.
5) COMMUNITY FUNCTIONING
The value that the offender places on having the knowledge and necessary skills for daily living.
6) PERSONAL/ EMOTIONAL ORIENTATION
The value that the offender places on being in control of his or her life.
The value that the offender places on living in law-abiding ways.
Through our collaboration of churches, para- church organizations, social services, public and private agencies or organizations, and government, we have a network to spread the violence free message and its platform across the Youngstown area. We do this through;
The Pathway Partner Group: A faith-based partnership that encourages and assist Community, Business, and Government to develop strategies that increase community awareness, involvement, and programs where we serve.
Now Youngstown: This group of community leaders are brought together monthly as an advisory council to discuss the violence in Youngstown, its effect on the city andsurrounding communities.
CCE provides referral services to area agencies and businesses as requested or needed by clients .